Eurolot Signs for up to 20 Bombardier Q400 NextGen Airliners
Eurolot S.A. of Warsaw, Poland has signed a firm order to acquire eight Q400 NextGen airliners form Bombardier Aerospace. The transaction includes options for an additional 12 Q400 NextGen aircraft.
Eurolot Bombardier Q400 NG ( bombardier)
Based on the list price for the Q400 NextGen airliner, the firm order contract is valued at approximately $246 million U.S. The contract value would increase to $625 million U.S. should all 12 options be converted to firm orders.
Eurolot began operations on July 1, 1997 and currently operates a fleet of 14 aircraft serving both domestic and international destinations.
- We are embarking both on a fleet renewal program and route expansion,” said Mariusz Dabrowski,” President and Chief Executive Officer, Eurolot.
- We require aircraft with excellent operational flexibility, which is absolutely essential in the very competitive European environment. The Bombardier Q400 NextGen airliner promises to meet our high expectations.”
- The Q400 airliner sets the standard for short-haul air transport; its operational flexibility and excellent economics are proving to be game-changing attributes in diverse markets where the aircraft operates,” said Mike Arcamone, President, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft.
- With its enhanced interior, the Q400 NextGen airliner provides an even more comfortable environment for passengers, while the aircraft’s reduced fuel consumption and lower emissions provide a ‘comfortably greener’ solution for operators and will ultimately help the aviation industry reach its emissions reduction targets.
- We are delighted to add Eurolot to the growing family of airlines that have selected Q400 and Q400 NextGen airliners for their operations,” added Mr. Arcamone.
- Some 19 new operators have joined the Q400 aircraft family in the last three years, and we are extremely pleased that Eurolot will become the first Polish operator,” said Chet Fuller, Senior Vice President, Commercial, Bombardier Commercial Aircraft.
- Q400 and Q400 NextGen aircraft are now in service with approximately 40 operators in 30 countries on six continents - this is a superb testament to the aircraft’s efficiency and reliability."